Monday, March 26, 2012

Make it Monday

I love the rain. . . but we have had so much lately that I am beginning to question my sanity. . . but when the weather is so wet there is little excuse not to craft!

My favourite colour is black (although it is not a colour) and I love to create cards which are simple and clean in their contrast.  So this colour combination suits me down to the ground.


This is a newspaper inspired card ie black and white.  I have cheated by stamping the leaves from French Foliage randomly on Whisper White card stock then punched the images out with the 1 3/8 square punch, daubed the edges for a bit of depth and to make them pop off the white back ground and mounted the base card on Basic Black card stock.  I have then mounted the whole thing onto a Whisper White card base.

Simple but effective. . . no excuses now. . . have to tackle the washing.

Until next time
Shanni 

7 comments:

  1. This is very inspiring. I love the black and white, Saw it on MIM and just had to come and tell you how adorable this is.

    Hugs
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Shanni. This is a Stunning and Elegant card. Saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Shanni just that little touch on the edges makes all the difference.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME ! Beautiful in it's simplicity .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful project, Shanni. I am a big fan of black and white.
    I am visiting from MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful and classic card. Love the design and the choice of colors. Spotted this on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant. Saw your project on Make it Monday and had to come over and take a closer look.
    TFS
    Paul
    Crafty Blogocks
    DT Member for Catch The Bug

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni