Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Feeling Sentimental & Needing Inspiration

Everyone loves FREE and with Stampin' Up!'s biggest sale of the year Sale-a-Bration currently afoot there are some amazing products to choose from including the awesome and very versatile Feeling Sentimental stamp set.

Feeling Sentimental has three images and the word "celebrate" as its sentiment.  The images include a Penny Farthing Bicycle, a Ferris Wheel and a traditional English style Telephone Booth. They have hatching and shading around the images which means they are ready to go for any project.

I thought that I would simply share my creations from this week with you (they are all very straight forward):
This card is made with Midnight Muse, Raspberry Ripple and Very Vanilla Cardstock, First Edition Specialty DSP and stamped in Midnight Muse. I used the Feeling Sentimental and That's the Ticket stamp sets along with the Take a Ticket Wheel.
This card uses Midnight Muse, Crumb Cake and Raspeberry Ripple card stock along with First Edition Specialty DSP. The stamped images are in Mignight Muse ink and the sentiment is stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock. I have daubed the edges with Crumb Cake ink.
The Basic Black and Crumb Cake card stocks contrast nicely especially with the black stamped on Very Vanilla.  I embossed the background of the card base with the Argyle Embossing Folder. 
The same colour scheme but with the background embossed with the Chevron embossing folder gives a slightly different effect.
Simple black and white always holds appeal and gives the impression that this is a vintage card.
By centering the sentiment it changes the theme of the card to have a more formal appeal.
I wanted this card to feel as if I was taking a snap shot of interesting architecturally appealing things. Once again the black and white colour scheme provides vivid contrast. I daubed the edges of the images with Basic Gray ink to soften the card a little.

If you are an Australian resident and you would like to take advantage of Sale-a-Bration and earn some free products with your purchase contact me today - shannean@completeba.com.au - I would be happy to help.

That is this week's ideas for Feeling Sentimental. . . I hope it leaves you feeling creative.

Chat soon
Shanni

3 comments:

  1. Stunning cards and images Shanni..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cards! I especially like the ones with the partial image stamped off the edge, like the last card here, "thinking of you." Great idea. Thanks for sharing! Is it okay with you if I post your blog on my "inspiration list" on my blog? I want to be able to always see what you are posting so I can be inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these cards, I wasn't going to open my set but now I've changed my mind...I knew I would when I saw ideas on how to use them...thanks for your inspiration. love your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni