Sunday, July 28, 2013

North American Convention Swap # 2 - Serene Silhouette

What an amazing experience we had at the North American Convention - Stampin' Up! is the most awesome company in the world to work for!

It was breathtaking sharing this event with so many people - 6,000 in total. It was brilliant to spend the three days with so many new friends. I befriended a heap of girls from the US, Canada, Germany, Holland, United Kingdom, France and of course caught up with my galz from Australia and New Zealand.

Here is the second swap that I shared
I was looking to create something that was simple that could endure being in luggage for 4 weeks before Convention.

I used the Medallion stamp set and stamped in Staz On Jet Black ink on Whisper White base cardstock. The greeting is stamped in the same ink. Using the Windows Frames Framelit Dies I cut a mounting board in Basic Black and then mounted the final stamped image on top.

Finally I stamped the tree image from Serene Silhouettes in Staz On Jet Black. I punched a 1" circle out of a post-it note to make the moon. Sticking the punch out partially over the top of the tree I then used a dauber to swipe ink from right to left starting with So Saffron, changing to Tangerine Tango and finally a small amount of Midnight Muse. I blended the colours using the daubers so that the colours looked more like a sunset sky. Punching the image out with a 2 1/2" circle punch I stuck it straight on the black mount.

I mounted the Basic Black base with dimensionals so that it would sit a little above the card.

I wanted the whole card to have the connotations of a  "sunburnt country". The swaps disappeared like ice in the sunshine so they must have been acceptable.

Check in later
Shanni xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sheannine.. It was SO nice to meet you... I´m so happy when I look forward too see you on cruise next year, and then my hubby comes with me.
    Send greetings to all the other ones from Australia.
    Sunny greetings from Tanja ( Germany)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and scene Shanni..Loz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni