Saturday, August 27, 2016

Totally Techniques - Thoughtful Branches


Welcome back to another Totally Techniques blog hop - this month we are a little light on numbers as people are busy with other commitments. . . so we have chosen something a little different, rather than showcase a particular technique we are highlighting a promotional bundle - Thoughtful Branches!

Wasn't Shelagh's project awesome?

Here's mine:
 I wanted to do something a little different as all the cards online seem to feature the tree and leaves framelits and the tree leaves stamp set and birds. . .

This is a square 6" card or 14.8cm for the metric markets. The base card is Whisper White and it is mounted with a square of Soft Suede cardstock. I then mounted that a square of Whisper White with a layer of Vellum cardstock over the top which I first embossed with Woodland TIEF.
Texture is something that I cannot live without. I layered onto the Vellum a strip of Gold Glimmer Paper, next a layer of Gold Foil Cardstock, then the 5/8" Burlap Ribbon stuck as a strip. finally I added a piece of the 5/8" Mini Striped Ribbon in Delightful Dijon but it looks like its gold in real life. I threaded a string of gold sequins through the granny knot for added interest.
I stamped the leaves from the Thoughtful Branches stamp set in a rock 'n roll technique in Crumb Cake and Soft Suede and Pumpkin Pie and Soft Suede. I fussy cut them to remove the white edge after I had cut the shapes out with the matching framelit from the Beautiful Branches set. To tie in the colour I then edged the leaves using the Gold Wink of Stella pen. I distressed the leaves a little bit with my bone folder and stuck them down with glue dots.

The tree leaves from the Thoughtful Branches set was heat embossed with Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder. I cut them out with the matching framelit from the Beautiful Branches set and then cut the piece up even further and framed the sentiment which is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock - the words are both from the stamp set. I then cut the sentiment out with an Oval framelit. I mounted the oval with dimensionals.   
I hope you have taken some inspiration from our hop today and that you stop by again soon.

Patrice was the first of our bloggers today but you may not have seen her blog if you came by another link so check it out now!

Cheers
Shanni xx  

Order of Blog Hop

Shannean Moncrieff (that's me)

4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Your layering and your colors are just perfect. Love everything about your card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the card and all the layers and textures. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous work of art my friend :-) so nice to see something so totally different, TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just did the blog hop and what versatility with the same set, love it! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni