Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Beau Chateau Tin

I have been absent for a few days. . . had a migraine that lasted for three days - yay! Only a bit debilitating and then I hurt my lumbar spine lifting an esky and have been flat on my back for four days - yay! So I am up and about today with limited success but didn't want to miss an opportunity to join Pink Paper Paradise - Make it Monday link. . . so this is my little creation this evening. . . a trinket or treat tin.
I have been wanting to use the Beau Chateau designer series papers from Stampin' Up! for a few weeks now as I did a workshop with one of my talented team members Lauren Colless and have become a bit attached to the delightful shabby chic papers and colour schemes.

 
This is a wafer biscuit tin that I have covered with the DSP and then I have cut a few framelits - the Labels Collection from the Autumn Winter Mini - using more paper from the Beau Chateau range - daubing the edges with Soft Suede and Marina Mist (because they are some of my favourite colours!) and mounting the top frame (cut from Very Vanilla card stock) after I had shot it through the Big Shot with the Oval Designer Frame embossing folder.  These embossing folders fit perfectly in the Labels Collection framelits.

The stamped corset overflowing with flowers is from the Rue Des Fleurs stamp set which I adore!  I stamped in Early Espresso and coloured with Marina Mist, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose and Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Write Markers.  I popped the flowers with Crystal Effects so that they didn't get lost in the layout.

And of course it just wouldn't be an off the page project without a few roses. They are all made using the Fancy Flower punch and the Blossom Party die.  I made these with Marina Mist card stock daubed with the same coloured ink and the pink floral and chicken mesh designs out of the Beau Chateau DSP selection. . . I alternated the colours on the lid to contrast with the body of the tin.



The whole project has been set off using the Marina Mist Satin Ribbon - so luscious and shiny, and the Soft Suede and Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon which has a luxurious texture that looks rich and decadent!  A few jewels strategically placed and some Crystal Effects on the petals for moisture drops and voila today's project.

Here's to good health and lots of productivity this week.
Shanni

5 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful way with shabby chic/vintage. This tin makeover is gorgeous and you've chosen the perfect soft colors. The image and those flowers are stunning!

    Thank you so much for linking up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shanni

    Stunning transformation from biscuit tin to shabby chic trinket tin.

    The Beau Chateau designer series papers from Stampin' Up!are so beautiful, the soft colours give this project a very elegant feel.

    Your flowers as always are incredible.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this too Shan - ill have to see if I kept that wafer tin and make one too, although it will be nowhere near as lovely as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! This is so gorgeous! I love your attention to detail.


    I’m stopping by from MIM. (I’m numbers 107 & 109)

    ~Cheryl~

    **I am having a couple of give-aways on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Shannean, I love the colours, awe inspiring...mmm where did I put my wafer tin??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni