Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Simply Sketched Thanks

I saw a similar card to this on my friend and fellow demonstrator Clair Daley's blog ages ago and promised myself that I would give it a go. Simply Sketched is a really versatile stamp set
This card could almost be used for the festive season as well because the leaves and berries look a bit like holly. Background Builders are being retired according to the Retirement List so if you like them go shopping today at my Shopping Site. Here I have stamped them with Early Espresso - I stamped it off first and then stamped the background.

I have also used a piece of the Modern Medley DSP (music sheet) and embossed some Cherry Cobbler cardstock with the Beautifully Baroque TIEF.  The Cherry Cobbler Chevron Ribbon is a perfect accent. the sentiment is stamped on Very Vanilla with Staz On Jet Black Ink; I hand cut it in a pennant shape.
The leaves and berries are stamped on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock which I cut into the shape you see with the Apothecary Accents Framelit Dies. The leaves are coloured with Always Artichoke and the berries with Cherry Cobbler.

The Cherry Cobbler ribbon is a perfect complement for the Antique Brad at the top.

Love it!
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni