Wednesday, December 17, 2014

New Occasions Mini & Butterfly Basics

Every page of the new Occasions Mini which goes on sale on 5 January has something unique and beautiful. I am in love with all of the new stamp sets and have a feeling that this mini catalogue is going to be extremely popular.

My favourite set so far (we can't count our chickens) is Butterfly Basics which of course co-ordinates with the Butterflies Thinlit Dies (remember when you purchase as a bundle you save 15%).

This is my creation this week for a friend's birthday:
Base card is Blushing Bride, mounted with Sahara Sand and then Whisper White which I have stamped on using Sahara Sand and Crumb Cake ink to marry in with the divine and luscious Sahara Sand Lace Trim. . . love the typewriter set letters (Kinda Eclectic) and the netting from Butterfly Basics. The postage franking stamp is from the new set, stamped in Early Espresso.

The leaves are from the Butterfly Basics and Kind Eclectic stamp sets, stamped in Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive respectively.

I have faux stitched the top right hand corner(by piercing the card) and drawn between the pierced dots with a Sahara Sand Stampin' Write Marker. The sentiment from the Butterfly Basics set is stamped in Early Espresso - I have to say that all of the sentiments in this set are perfect.

I always need a bit of bling so this takes the form of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper cut with the Apothecary Accents Framelit die which I removed the centre from, using an Oval Framelit Die.

The butterflies are cut using the medium Butterflies Framelit die in Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand and Fancy Foil Designer Vellum in Silver. I have layered these up with glue dots and decorated the spines with Basic Pearl Jewels.

Can't wait for the mini to go live!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni